Enjoyed a wonderful evening at North East Florida Builders Association’s Annual Beast Feast on Thursday, October 3, 2019. Great food, music and networking with area builders, vendors, and community officials made the evening a huge success
On Tuesday, May 15, 2018, Eli Rozier with The Avail Group attended Watson Realty of St. Augustine’s weekly business meeting.
Michele Scarponi (Business Manager at Watson Realty) encouraged the Watson Team to activity promote and work Moultrie Woods since the development was located within 4 miles of their office. Eli Rozier and Donna Sadowski (Site Agent for the neighborhood) presented to the group the advantages of living a maintenance free lifestyle by having a single family house with a community pool and lawn care service provided within your HOA dues.
After the meeting, several of the Watson agents previewed the model home and the neighborhood and felt the houses were a good value for the money.
On Tuesday May 8, 2018, Eli M. Rozier, Jr. with The Avail Group along with Janna Thomas with Bank of England sponsored a breakfast at Exit Real Estate Gallery’s monthly sales meeting.
Eli presented Moultrie Woods to the group of realtors and discussed the features & benefits of the community. Ray Rivera and Sonny Downey (Brokers at Exit Real Estate Gallery) did a fantastic job of promoting the neighborhood while encouraging Exit agents to bring buyers to Moultrie Woods.
Since our targeted market is workforce housing and empty nesters, Ray offered statistical information that demonstrated a demand for this product. Eli concluded the presentation with a $1,000 realtor bonus for all Exit Real Estate Gallery agents who bring buyers in the next 60 days.
The city of St. Augustine is one of the most popular retirement settlements in the United States.
Located on the Northeast coast of Jacksonville, this city has a mild climate, perfect for those wanting to live in paradise all year long
1. Why Retire in St. Augustine?
Because St. Augustine has a high population of seniors, the city offers a wide variety of activities that all can enjoy!
- Looking to stay fit? St. Johns County Parks and Recreation offers a variety of adult classes and programs, including adult leagues in a variety of sports! Check out their website at: http://www.sjcfl.us/Recreation/index.aspx to learn more!
- Interested in the arts? St. Augustine is a hub for local art! The city offers a variety of local film and art festivals. Flagler Auditorium features word famous ballets and orchestras. Quality live stage productions are a feature of this historic city.
- Is the beach drawing you to the area? St. Augustine has numerous beaches that its residents can enjoy. Many beaches are within driving distance from St. Augustine. These include: St. Augustine Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach and Vilano Beach.
Want to learn more about St. Augustine?
Click on the link for more information: http://citystaug.com/
There are about 230,000 people who call St. Johns County, Florida home.
Why? Whether you are new to the area, or have lived here decades, St. Johns County offers amenities for all.
To determine if this area is right for you, consider these perks:
- Within only a few minutes of leaving your house, you will be on Interstate 95 and on the way to the gorgeous city of Jacksonville. The city offers sporting events, including the Jacksonville Jaguars, as well as live entertainment and specialty restaurants.
- Not a sports fan? Head to the city of St. Augustine for historic views, shopping and the best dining in Northeast Florida. From casual eateries to fine dining, St. Augustine has a dining option for everyone! Our suggestions? Visit the The Conch House, A1A Ale Works
or Gas Full Service Restaurant!
- Do you have children? You are in luck because St. Johns County Public Schools are first in the state out of 67 districts. St. Johns County is one of only two districts in Florida with A grade each year since 2010.
- Is golfing your passion? The St Johns County area has a vast variety of golf courses for players of every level and skill. This includes The World Golf Village, home to the famous King & Bear and Slammer & Squire golf courses, where golfers test their skills amongst the greats.
Want to learn more about what St. Johns County has to offer?
Visit their website: http://www.co.st-johns.fl.us
Buying a home has always been considered to be part of the American dream, nevertheless, in the wake of the recent housing crash, the new generation of home buyers is treading a lot more carefully than before.
Even though renting might seem more flexible than purchasing a home, buying one has a bigger potential long-term payoff. It also has tax advantages as well quality of life benefits. Therefore, it is important that when it comes to purchasing a home you look beyond the numbers.
1. You Build From Roots Upward When You Buy A House
It might be better to rent a place when you know you will not stay in the home for long or when plans are uncertain. However, this type of flexibility also comes with a price. It is very difficult to feel established in any neighborhood when you are not a homeowner. When a person buys a home, they build upwards— starting from the roots. They create a community.
2. Purchasing a Home Comes With Tax Advantages
You get significant tax benefits when you purchase a home rather than renting it. This advantage should be enough of a reason to invest into purchasing a home for yourself. Homeowners can deduct the mortgage interest incurred on the federal income taxes. This is a substantial deduction for numerous people as the interest payments are normally the biggest portion of the early years of owning the home. Homeowners can also deduct the closing fees along with the property taxes.
3. Owning a home is a built-in savings account
There is definitely no place like home. When you purchase a house, you actually automatically get enrolled in a forced savings plan. Even when your budget is pretty tight, you will somehow find the money to pay your monthly mortgage amount. As you pay this mortgage amount each month you subsequently increase your equity. Equity is the amount of money in which you can sell the home for a lesser amount than what you still owe on it. Over your lifetime, home ownership will help you build your wealth.
4. Purchasing a house will cost less than renting one over time
When you look at the bigger picture, purchasing a home is one of the cheaper alternatives of the two. Although your mortgage payment might initially be more than you would actually pay in rent, you are going to spend less money over the life of the loan when you buy a house. The rents may rise over the years, thus changing the entire equation.
Both buying and renting a home has their own advantages and disadvantages. However, if you look at the benefit in the long-term, purchasing a home will be more favorable.
After 20 months of working through the entitlement process at St. Johns County, The Avail Group, LLC broke ground on July 1, 2016 at Moultrie Woods in St. Augustine, Florida. Located off Wildwood Road, this 3.8 acre sub-division will consist of 17 cottage home residences which includes a pool and club house amenity. The neighborhood is also located within walking distance of Treaty Park which includes a nature park with walking trails, playgrounds for children, two softball fields, and a soccer complex. Construction on the model home is slated to start August 1, 2016 and will be completed by December 1, 2016. We currently have two homes under contract and will have a bonded plat for the development by August 15.
In March 2015, Eli M. Rozier, Jr. went to Santiago Chile and Rio de Janeiro Brazil with his Auburn MRED 15 class to tour the countries and study the urban growth patterns of the cities. Santiago is a vibrant metropolis with many people living, working, and playing in the urban core. Eli and Professor Dr. Michael Robinson enjoyed shopping in the city. The class also had an opportunity to visit the countryside. Eli also experienced horseback riding adventure in the Andes Mountains. After spending 5 days in Chile, it was time to travel to Rio where the class had an opportunity to tour the Olympic Village and Christ the Redeemer. The Summer Olympics are scheduled for August 2016 and the class was invited by Carvalho & Hosken Architectural Firm to tour the construction site and studying the economic impact of the region. The village consist of 3,600 housing units, 15 dining halls and recreation facilities that will accommodate athletes from all over the world. This replica took a year to construct with a cost of over a million dollars. Classmate Jason Hebert joined Eli at Christ the Redeemer. This structure was erected in 1936 and is listed as one of the eighth wonders of the world.[clear]
Eli with Professor Dr. Michael Robinson
Eli preparing to ride a horse in the Andes Mountains
Eli standing in front of the model of the Olympic Village
Eli and fellow classmate Jason Hebert at Christ the Redeemer
[one-third-first][/one-third-first][one-third][/one-third][one-third][/one-third]Our President Eli M. Rozier, Jr. is currently attending Auburn University studying to get his MRED degree. This program focuses on commercial development while utilizing LEED design principles for construction. With this added knowledge, The Avail Group will be expanding into the commercial real estate development arena in 2014. During the fall semester, Eli participated at the National ULI convention in Chicago. While at the conference, Eli had the opportunity to meet Sam Zell (see pictured). He was able to attend Sam’s workshop where he learned the nuances of real estate development and entrepreneurial philosophy.